Research and Development
Do not wait: the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along. Napoleon Hill, American Author
Basiru holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of The Gambia, a Bar Qualification Certificate from The Gambia Law School and an LLM in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa from the prestigious University of Pretoria, where he graduated cum laude.
He has experience in collaborating with organizations to design legal interventions geared towards addressing social challenges.
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa, University of Pretoria, South Africa (cum laude)
- BL Vocational Certificate, The Gambia Law School
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of The Gambia
2020 Reading List
- A Reasonable Doubt, Philip Margolin
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Yuval Noah Harari
- Africa: Altered States, Ordinary Miracles, Richard Dowden
- Tomorrow’s Lawyers: An Introduction to your Future, Richard Susskind
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, Robert Iger