Strategic Planning requires the need to reconcile the pressure for short-term returns with long-term strategic goals, and for most organisations, it’s challenging to build the capabilities needed to execute strategies.
We help organizations strengthen their strategy-development processes, make better decisions, and then act on them. We can assist clients with solutions to specific issues or design a whole new approach to strategic management and planning.
Our approach focuses on the following elements:
- Identifying a broad coalition of key stakeholders relevant to the strategic planning process, including the board of directors, management, key staff members and beneficiaries, among others.
- Facilitating idea harvesting workshops geared toward setting the direction needed to create sustainable change.
- Working with management teams to examine the fundamental approaches for navigating today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous landscape. At the end of this process, our clients have a common understanding of their long term goals and corresponding midterm aspirations.
- Developing a carefully calibrated Plan of Action which cascades the different stages of the implementation process and costs attached to each phase of implementation.
- Identifying and defining capability requirements necessary for the successful execution of the strategic plan, including the assignment of initiative owners to various segments of the strategic framework.
- Providing retainer support for adjusting the strategic plan to current and future market trends.