Daniel Bill Opio
“The time is always right to do what is right.” Martin Luther King Jr, American Activist
Daniel is an emerging digital thought leader who conducts specialized digital projects and guides multiple discussions shaping the digital economy legal framework in East Africa. He has also featured as a speaker at various digital rights conferences, national and international media houses discussing digital economy policies on forums including Aljazeera live stream, CGTN, Nation Media Group Uganda among others.
He is a Ugandan tech-Lawyer with 2 years of experience in cyber security, Artificial Intelligence, digital rights and cyber law practice. He is analytical, a detail-oriented professional adept at conducting legal research, preparing summary depositions, settlement proposals and statements.
Daniel holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Makerere University, Certificate in Internet Governance from the Internet Society, Advanced Diploma in Artificial Intelligence, Governance and Policy Frameworks from the University of Malta and DIPLO Foundation and Advanced Diploma in Cybersecurity from the University of Malta and DIPLO Foundation.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Makerere University, Uganda
2020 Reading List
- How Google Works, Eric Schmidt & Jonathan Rosenberg
- An introduction to Internet Governance, Jovan Kurbalija
- Getting Things Done, David Allen and David Kelvin Allen
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism. The Fight for a Human Future at The New Frontier of Power, Shoshana Zuboff
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business, Being Remarkable, Seth Godin