Regulatory Compliance and Risk
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand on an islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business in every generation is to reclaim a little more land – T. H. Huxley, Biologist
Nimrod is a scholar, researcher and human rights activist. He has been involved in the field of human rights at various levels and previously worked as a researcher in Northern Uganda investigating the effect of the two-decade long war on environmental rights and the right to property.
While his areas of research spanned the breadth of various fields from jurisprudence to constitutional law and company law, he has since taken an active interest in children’s rights.
His Master’s thesis investigated the role of the state in providing religiously neutral education in Uganda which won him the prestigious Keba M’baye prize for best dissertation in the academic year 2018. His proposed PhD thesis investigates the impact of climate change on children’s rights in South Africa.
Nimrod’s experience spans the breadth of academia and risk management. He’s been engaged in research, and teaching at private universities in Kampala, Uganda. He’s also adept at risk management have worked as a legal officer for two financial institutions conducting due diligence and ensuring compliance with internal and legal regulations prior to lending.
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa (cum laude) , University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Uganda Christian University
2020 Reading List
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think, Anna Rosling Rönnlund, Hans Rosling, and Ola Rosling
- Reimagining Pan-Africanism: Distinguished Mwalimu Nyerere Lecture Series 2009-2013 Samir Amin and Wole Soyinka
- International Climate Change Law Daniel Bodansky, Jutta Brunnée, and Lavanya Rajamani
- Letters to a Young Contrarian Christopher Hitchens
- The Hot Topic: How to Tackle Global Warming and Still Keep the Lights On David King and Gabrielle Walker