Our Consultants have a clear understanding of the critical social challenges in Africa. On top of having acquired human rights training from the best Universities in Africa, they have been at the frontline of implementing projects in various social sector organisations at a local, regional and international level. More than 80% have a proven record in each of the following human rights issues in Africa:
- The African Human Rights System
- Women Rights in Africa
- Disability Rights in an African Context,
- The Human Rights of Sexual and Gender Minorities in Africa
- Judicial Enforcement of Socio-economic Rights in Africa
- Civil Society Law in Africa
- Children’s Rights in Africa
- Foreign Policy and Human Rights and
- Access to Medicines in Africa
We understand the dynamics of the socio-legal challenges that various social sector organisations intend to address. The ability of our Consultants to conduct rigorous research on several human rights issues makes us a trusted advisor to help organisations identify and navigate various challenges and opportunities. Our Social Sector Practice helps NGOs, social entrepreneurs and donors to accelerate change by becoming more innovative, strategic, and effective. Our work involves:
- Collaborating with local subject matter experts, with a proven track record for excellence.
- Detailed action planning geared towards providing clear budgetary and implementation frameworks
- Collaboration with clients to develop strategic initiatives for improving organisational processes, culture and institutional and individual capabilities.
We offer a comprehensive experience comprised of:
- Frontline experience: All our Consultants have worked in various local, regional and international social sector organisations in different managerial and executive positions. They understand the nature of challenges facing social sector organisations and have the skills to collaborate with clients to generate enduring solutions. This combined expertise enables our teams to tailor the best approaches to address the needs of our clients.
- Multi-stakeholder orientation: We help clients identify and develop a broad coalition of various stakeholders to solve a particular social challenge. We use tested models and frameworks to facilitate the development of ideas from diverse stakeholders. At the end of our engagement, our clients have a clearly defined framework for navigating partnership focused on delivering results.
- Implementation Support: We collaborate with clients for limited periods to provide the guidance required to implement strategic initiatives and ensuring that the process is executed as planned, and adjusted when there is a need. For each client, we assign a team of advisors who are dedicated to helping clients navigate the process of affecting the desired change.
- Capacity enhancement for effective performance: We are committed to assisting clients in identifying the capability requirements necessary for executing actions essential to achieve the desired change. Upon discovery of any capability gaps, we provide dedicated training, tools, frameworks and models to ensure that organisations can execute with excellence.